That does indeed seem strange--I could understand fink only seeing the
stable versions if unstable is after stable in fink.conf.

On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 14:01, Samuel M.Smith wrote:
> I did a clean install of fink on OSX 10.2.1 as per the directions given
> on http://fink.sourceforge.net/news/jag-bootstrap.php.
>
> I inadvertently skipped step 4 which is to add unstable/main and
> unstable/crypto to the Trees: line in fink.conf
>
> everything installed fine however.
>
> I caught my mistake however at the first prompt while running
> fink selfupdate-cvs
>
> I updated fink.conf to add the unstable trees but repeated invocations
> of
> fink selfupdate-cvs
> fink updateall
> fink list
> did not ever show any of the unstable packages.
> finally based on comments on a previous post, I moved the unstable/main
> and unstable/crypto to the front of the trees line in  fink.conf
> subsequent invocations of fink list then showed the  the unstable
> packages.
>
> Seems like weird behavior to me, maybe a bug?

> Samuel M. Smith Ph.D.
> 360 W. 920 N.   Orem, Utah 84057
> 801-226-7607 x112 (voice)  801-226-7608 (fax)
> "The greatest source of failure and unhappiness in the world is
> giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment"
Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
visiting MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
Levitated Dipole Experiment
175 Albany Street, NW17-219
Cambridge, MA  02139-4213