I seem to have a problem with my cvs setup/permissions in /sw/fink
since upgrading to the 10.2 tree. I did not run the upgrade script on
that system since I had already been using the experimental 10.2 tree
before. So maybe someone can give me a hint what exactly should be the
ownerships and permissions in the /sw/fink hierarchy.
The fink installation itself works flawlessly, otherwise, the only
problem I have is that every 'selfupdate-cvs' will fail with the dreaded

cvs server: Updating 10.1/unstable/main/finkinfo/x11-wm
cvs server: Updating 10.2
cvs server: Updating 10.2/stable
cvs update: move away 10.2/stable/.cvsignore; it is in the way
C 10.2/stable/.cvsignore
cvs server: Updating 10.2/stable/crypto
cvs update: move away 10.2/stable/crypto/.cvsignore; it is in the way
C 10.2/stable/crypto/.cvsignore
cvs server: Updating 10.2/stable/crypto/finkinfo
cvs server: Updating 10.2/stable/main
cvs update: move away 10.2/stable/main/.cvsignore; it is in the way
C 10.2/stable/main/.cvsignore
cvs server: Updating 10.2/stable/main/finkinfo
cvs server: Updating 10.2/stable/main/finkinfo/base
cvs update: move away 10.2/stable/main/finkinfo/base/apt-0.5.4-5.info;
it is in the way
C 10.2/stable/main/finkinfo/base/apt-0.5.4-5.info
cvs update: move away 10.2/stable/main/finkinfo/base/apt-0.5.4-5.patch;
it is in the way
C 10.2/stable/main/finkinfo/base/apt-0.5.4-5.patch
cvs update: move away
10.2/stable/main/finkinfo/base/base-files-1.6-1.info; it is in the way

error for every single .info and .patch file in the 10.2 tree (none in
the 10.1 tree!). Only way to get the update I found is to remove all
infos, patches and .cvsignores in 10.2 before the selfupdate. So I have
tried to figure out if cvs is unhappy with the permissions in any way,
it turned out that initially most of the subdirectories were owned by
root:wheel, which cvs could not update at all (that seems reasonable,
since it is operating as user "derek" at that time). So I made sure all
ownerships were changed to "derek" with the exception of the
binary-* directories and the .deb files themselves. Result see above --
permissions are exactly the same as in the 10.1 dir, none of the
info/patch files has even been touched since the last selfupdate, yet
cvs invariably runs amok.
Any idea what's screwed up here, or any other settings for the
selfupdate I might have to look into?

TIA,
                                                        Derek