I mistyped; f77 is at /usr/bin/f77 under Jaguar 10.2.1 (or was when I installed on Wednesday), not /bin/f77. Sourcing /sw/bin/init.csh sets the paths so that you can avoid using that compiler with ln -s /sw/bin/g77 /sw/bin/f77. If I do not do so, the fftw configure script (on my machine) fails to compile its f77 test program
program conftest
end
with
/usr/bin/f77 -L/sw/lib
because it gets a complaint about a missing _main symbol. [I got this by manually entering the program and duplicating the configure script commands at the CLI.]

========
With that said,

My many thanks to the fink maintainers! I was forced to upgrade to 10.2 from 10.1.5 this week (long story), and I am amazed at how cleanly the re-install of my fink software was done. You've done a great job making this relatively painless.

On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 12:22 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi:

Mine installed without complaint, and updated without complaint, on 10.2.1. I have no entries under /bin/f77, /bin/g77, /sur/bin/f77, etc. You might want to double-check to see if fink is sourcing /sw/bin/init.csh


William G. Scott


-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by: See the NEW Palm Tungsten T handheld. Power & Color in a compact size!
http://ads.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/redirect.pl?palm0001en
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to