Just installed xfree86-base and xfree86-threaded: the
font rendering is, well, sub-optimal. I checked
/etc/X11/fs/config and found
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF is not included (where a
few TrueType fonts are installed by Fink). I added it
into the font catalogue, together with a new directory
full of ttf I copied over from another Linux box.
After restarting X the new fonts are still not there.
Could anyone hint at how to make ttf work under X11? Thanks.