Does bash behave differently from (t)csh? I did not check the PATH because /sw/bin/emacs is exactly what I wanted but still
/usr/bin/emacs was the one got called. How 'which' in bash gets updated? any 'rehash' equivalent?

M.

On Friday, November 22, 2002, at 06:37 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Thomas McFadden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:35:31 PM Europe/Zurich
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Fink-users] Re: Fink-users digest, Vol 1 #1240 - 15 ms

this may be too obvious, and you would have caught it already if it were
actually the problem, but just in case, you ought to make sure that you're
using the version of emacs from fink that's in /sw/bin and not the one in
/usr/bin that distributes with darwin/osx. the latter doesn't have
Xwindows support, so it won't create it's own window. i.e. having
/usr/bin before /sw/bin would be one way that the behavior you're
describing could be caused

-Tom

Hi there,

emacs21 is no more launching creating its in own window. It is the only
apps unable to do it after updating to 10.2.2

Does anyone knows why?

--
Massimo Marino
NERSC Division - HPC Department

--
Massimo Marino
NERSC Division - HPC Department
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~marino
On leave at CERN, CH, EP Division, Atlas experiment
phone: (+41) 22 767-1288 fax: (+41) 22 767-8350 Office: 40-3-D16
alternate email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]