Hi,

For those of you interested in getting a decent opennap client for OSX that does fancy stuff like multipoint download, chat and everything else in a stable manner, I might have some interesting news. Since I was never really happy with XNap, I have been trying hard to get my fav client for that purpose, Lopster to compile successfully. Well a couple of days ago I succeeded, it works like a charm now. You can get it from lopster.sourceforge.net. Although some of you people probably prefer stable releases I still recommend getting the latest snapshot from CVS which is Lopster dev6.9. It is pretty stable and updated to the latest changes in opennap and napigator. If you have the right packages installed (most of it basic stuff you will have installed anyways, if not I can post them here, and you need glib/GTK+ 1.2.x) through fink it will just work this way:

sh autogen.sh

./configure --with-zlib --with-pthread --disable-nls (unless you have it installed)

now you need to open the makefile in something like BBEdit. Find the SUBDIRS line and remove the directory "po" from it, otherwise make will fail with Error 1

make

make install

Lopster is now installed in /usr/local/bin

Enjoy,

Bjoern