On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 09:01 PM, David R. Morrison wrote:

On Dec 16,2002 20:21:00 +0100, Matthias Troyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :
Hi,

Does anybody know what the status of the system-xtools package is? I
can't find it under release 0.5 and need it, since I have XTools
installed on my max and Not XFree86.

Matthiass

None of the Fink developers is using system-xtools, and we had no way to test
whether this will work under 10.2.

I've looked at the xtools bulletin boards at Tenon's site, and it seems that
an xtools user will at least need to recompile xterm under 10.2 to get things
to work. Are there other requirements? Perhaps you can help us update the
system-xtools package for 10.2...
I can help if you want. Please let me know what I should try or do.

I do not run many X applications currently. Indeed I have just checked, and xterm does not run and aborts with the error message:

dyld: xterm Undefined symbols:
_tgetent
_tgetstr
Trace/BPT trap

However some other (fink) X applications, such as xchat or xmgrace or xlogo work flawlessly. Somehow I managed to install (or upgrade) system-xtools back in October, but the new installer which I tried on another machine just does not contain system-xtools, and I do not know how to get system-xtools installed there to test it.

Best regards,

Matthias