On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 02:09  AM, Ben Hines wrote:

On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 10:05  PM, S Woodside wrote:

and it worked... I had to symlink libgnome, libgnomesupport and some others as well. From what I read these symlinks without the version #s are supposed to be installed by default, is this a problem with the gnome packages or am I supposed to feed some option (I tried -dynamic) to it to somehow find the libraries with the ver#s? I noticed that libraries with .a or .so files didn't have this problem, just the libs with only a .dylib had it.

You need to install the -dev versions of the gnome library packages.
OK, but.. they're not listed on the fink webpage packages list as well. (I looked there, because the linphone configure helpfully suggested that). How do I get the list of the -dev packages?

(we should add that to the FAQ about "compiling yourself" - you may need to install the -dev versions of some of the library packages that are not always installed by themselves)
yeah, that would be helpful. I read that, and the apple porting guide, and lots and lots of google hits before posting this

simon

-Ben

---
     anti-spam: do not post this address publicly
www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel