On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 12:32 PM, Mark Prazoff wrote:

I removed my old KDE (with ssl) via “sudo apt-get remove arts” I was then able to successfully install bundle-kde 3.1-3. (non ssl version). I do not see a version of bundle-kde ssl other than 3.0.7-5. Nothing is listed under unstable for that package under Fink Commander.
Not sure about that one -- bundle-kde-ssl is definitely in unstable. Perhaps your index is confused? Try 'fink selfupdate-cvs; fink index' and see if it cleans itself up.

So far KDE 3.1-3 looks great. It sees CUPS, has Palm sync available, (haven’t tested either yet) and does not seem subject to some of the problems I had with version 3.0.7-5, including difficulty launching help, and crashes if I tried to look at system configuration. Thank you all for your hard work and support. Somewhere there is a Open Source Heaven, where Bill Gates gets to shovel coal...
Yeah, the CUPS stuff is working great. I don't think I'm really set up to test palm sync, but it uses pilot-tools, so it should, in theory, work. =)