Martin Costabel wrote:

There is a problem with your internet connection. Maybe you are better off going completely offline during the compilation of libwww-pm?
Unplugged my ethernet cable from my router (router connects to the cable modem), did fink update libwww-pm
and everything was hunky-dory.

Thanks for that tip Martin.

Anyway, this is a strange package. The output of a compilation should not depend on whether your network connection is working.
Well, its a perl module. They often have tests don't they. Maybe I should mail the maintainer and suggest that the installation of the package shouldn't fail just becuase some tests don't work correctly?

Adrian