On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 12:33:18PM -0500, Alexander Hansen wrote: > On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 11:29, Josh Kuperman wrote: [snip] > KDE works OK--I built some components against the Apple X and it looks > fine.
Well then wouldn't I have to remove what I have and reinstall in order for it to use the Apple stuff with the system-xfree86 placeholder. > > [blah blah blah] > What do you mean by "use the KDE setup"? I meant have kde be the window manager. Though now that I found the X11 app and got it to start up I think I stick with the quartz-wm for a while. > > In your .xinitrc you should call "quartz-wm" instead of twm, if you want > to run Apple X. I had been taking advantage of some of kde's features and games and its bar and multiple workspaces. I don't know whats available but if X11 apps are using the Aqua interface as they seem to I might be all set.. My current .xinitrc seems to consist of this (with all comment lines removed) #!/bin/sh source /sw/bin/init.sh exec quartz-wm > Try 'touch /Users/josh/.Xauthority' to create this file. Remarkably, with this file added and starting from the x11 app, now in the doc it seems to work. I will test further. But it's neat - I'm impressed. -- Josh Kuperman [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------------------------------- This SF.NET email is sponsored by: SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! http://www.vasoftware.com _______________________________________________ Fink-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users
