Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:17:51 -0800
Subject: Re: [Fink-users] Re: Apple Announces X11 for Mac OS X
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Vivien Mary Kendon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Ben Hines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 03:46  PM, Vivien Mary Kendon wrote:

I can confirm that it doesn't in any way interfere with my already
fink-installed xfree86/XDarwin stuff. I removed nothing, and installed
without adding the X11 config (the default, as Kow pointed out).

Actually, it does interfere with them 100%. If you didn't remove the
fink versions first, the Apple installer wrote over all your fink x11
packages with its own versions. You need to force remove the fink
packages and install system-xfree86. But, the force removal will remove
the apple versions now, because you didn't remove the fink versions
first.

-Ben