Seems like your package database isn't updated, because you've already installed qt3, right? Try "fink scanpackages"
Qt3 was compiled, but not installed, because of the missing qt3-designer, etc.

I tried something else. When I do 'fink install xdrawchem', I get 2 choices, qt3, or qt3-dev. I now choose the second one, and the output is (tadaa):

sudo /sw/bin/fink install xdrawchem
Information about 2040 packages read in 8 seconds.

pkg xdrawchem version ###
pkg xdrawchem version 1.6.3-1

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1) qt3: Cross-Platform GUI application framework
(2) qt3-dev: Cross-Platform GUI application framework

Pick one: [1] 2
The following package will be installed or updated:
xdrawchem
The following 6 additional packages will be installed:
qt3 qt3-designer qt3-dev qt3-doc qt3-linguist qt3-shlibs

So now it *does* mention qt3-designer etc. But also qt3. Weird.

Anyway, I am now going to install it this way ;)

- Koen.