Hi all,
as a fink newbie, I dont have a great many packages installed, but the dozens depended on by xmms have led me to a temporary snag regarding control-center. After compiling a while, I notice its listed as archived only, whereas control-center-dev and control-center-shlibs (1.4.0.5-3) are current and installed. Fink Commander balks with a segfault on scrollkeeper-update, and a scrollkeeper-update.crash.log is also generated.

Here is a bit of Fink Commander's output, where I have tried to re-install control-center:

Preparing to replace control-center 1.4.0.5-3 (using .../control-center_1.4.0.5-3_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
Registering /sw/share/omf/control-center/control-center-eu.omf
Unpacking replacement control-center ...
Setting up control-center (1.4.0.5-3) ...
Registering /sw/share/omf/control-center/control-center-eu.omf
Updating /sw/share/omf/control-center/control-center-C.omf
/sw/var/lib/dpkg/info/control-center.postinst: line 6: 13198 Segmentation fault scrollkeeper-update
dpkg: error processing control-center (--install):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 139
control-center
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't install package control-center-1.4.0.5-3

Maybe I just need to remove the archived control-center and try again? I don't know about this "scrollkeeper-update," its not a listed package per se, but "scrollkeeper" shows current (0.3.11-4) and installed. (Even though I'm a newbie, I have been installing everything from source to hopefully avoid other kinds of problems that might be more difficult to troubleshoot... I don't mind waiting for the compiles, since I often let them run overnite.)

Thanks!
--Michael