Hi all,
as a fink newbie, I dont have a great many packages installed, but the
dozens depended on by xmms have led me to a temporary snag regarding
control-center. After compiling a while, I notice its listed as
archived only, whereas control-center-dev and control-center-shlibs
(1.4.0.5-3) are current and installed. Fink Commander balks with a
segfault on scrollkeeper-update, and a scrollkeeper-update.crash.log is
also generated.
Here is a bit of Fink Commander's output, where I have tried to
re-install control-center:
Preparing to replace control-center 1.4.0.5-3 (using
.../control-center_1.4.0.5-3_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
Registering /sw/share/omf/control-center/control-center-eu.omf
Unpacking replacement control-center ...
Setting up control-center (1.4.0.5-3) ...
Registering /sw/share/omf/control-center/control-center-eu.omf
Updating /sw/share/omf/control-center/control-center-C.omf
/sw/var/lib/dpkg/info/control-center.postinst: line 6: 13198
Segmentation fault scrollkeeper-update
dpkg: error processing control-center (--install):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 139
Errors were encountered while processing:
control-center
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't install package control-center-1.4.0.5-3
Maybe I just need to remove the archived control-center and try again?
I don't know about this "scrollkeeper-update," its not a listed package
per se, but "scrollkeeper" shows current (0.3.11-4) and installed.
(Even though I'm a newbie, I have been installing everything from
source to hopefully avoid other kinds of problems that might be more
difficult to troubleshoot... I don't mind waiting for the compiles,
since I often let them run overnite.)
Thanks!
--Michael
-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.NET email is sponsored by: FREE SSL Guide from Thawte
are you planning your Web Server Security? Click here to get a FREE
Thawte SSL guide and find the answers to all your SSL security issues.
http://ads.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/redirect.pl?thaw0026en
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users
- [Fink-users] problem installing control-center (req'd for... Michael Bovee
- [Fink-users] problem installing control-center (req'... Michael Bovee
- Re: [Fink-users] problem installing control-cent... Alexander Hansen
- Re: [Fink-users] problem installing control-... Michael Bovee
