I have the same problem as Dan.
If I don't use Apple's wm, copy/paste does not work well at all.
I use twm for now, and will likely never want to use Apple's wm
because it does not allow me to select windows to become active
without forcing them to pop to the front.  Very inconvenient for
doing work in multiple xterms.  Not the most eye-pleasing solution,
as twm is very basic, but it works.  For doing software development,
I need something that works more than I need something eye-pleasing
like Aqua.  (I'll probably replace twm with a different X-based
window manager in the future that additionally supports window shading.)

With XDarwin, copy/paste between Aqua and X11 worked fantastic.
Copy using Apple-C in Aqua, paste with middle button in X11.
Copy using left/right mouse in X11, paste with Apple-V in Aqua.

I was ecstatic to hear Apple was providing X11 at first, especially
after hearing the reviews.  Now I'm not so sure.
-- 
-Kurt Lloyd, [EMAIL PROTECTED], (978) 960-6276

"Daniel M. Bikel" wrote:
> 
> While copying between Apple's X11 and the OS X clipboard seems to work fine
> when you use Apple's wm, it does *not* appear to work when you use, say,
> fvwm.  (I am, unfortunately, forced to use fvwm, because Apple's wm doesn't
> seem to allow proper focus-switching, as is needed by the "other-frame"
> command in emacs.)  Anyway, could someone else either confirm this bug, or
> tell me a work-around?
> 
> Thanks,
> Dan.


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.NET email is sponsored by:
SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See!
http://www.vasoftware.com
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to