On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 12:54  PM, Nicholas Riley wrote:

The problem with 1.4.2 seems obvious; the problem with 1.4.3 is that,
no matter what I try to do (RangerRick suggested CC="c++") libtool
uses gcc for linking.  If I try to use -lstdc++, libtool 1.4.3
complains that it can't link it dynamically and refuses to create a
bundle, only a static library, which is useless for what I need.

You need to pass --mode=CXX to libtool, i believe. (or something similar)

-Ben