On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 09:03 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Viktor Haag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:34:30 PM Europe/Zurich
To: Jack Howarth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Fink-users] new X11 beta 0.2

Benjamin Reed writes:
On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 05:00 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:

     I just upgraded my v0.1 installation of the X11 beta to
v0.2 and was annoyed to see that now a window manager starts
up by default and all of the windows are using that for
frames instead of the aqua frames from before. While I can
understand why this is happening does anyone know what the
best approach would be to revert to the v0.1 behavior of
having no window manager and aqua frames for the terminal
and other X windows programs? Thanks in advance.
make an ~/.xinitrc file that has the line:

exec /usr/X11R6/bin/quartz-wm
If you want to change the default for the machine, then you can
edit

   /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

But realize that this will almost certainly get overwritten with
subsequent updates.

This is already re-written. The new Beta 0.2 installer has an optional package called X11 Config. This will rewrite the entire /etc/X11 directory and put a system xinitrc which calls quartz-wm.

To rephrase the situation:
If you do not have your own X11 configuration (and ~/.xinitrc) you are all set by adding this sub-package as well.
If you have your own X11 configuration in place then - of course - had NOT this problem and the optional X11 Config package is not necessary nor required.

Cheers

--
Massimo Marino
NERSC Division - HPC Department

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:Marino;Massimo;;;
FN:Massimo Marino
ORG:Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory - NERSC/HPC;
TITLE:Computer Science Engineer (CS III)
EMAIL;type=WORK;type=pref:767-1288
EMAIL;type=INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMAIL;type=INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMAIL;type=INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
TEL;type=WORK;type=pref:510-486-7695
TEL;type=CELL:(+33) 06 173 27 137
TEL:(+41) 22 767-8350
TEL:(+1) 510 486-4004
ADR;type=WORK;type=pref:;;1 Cyclotron Road\nMS 50B-3238;Berkeley;CA;94720;USA
ADR;type=WORK:;;c/o CERN - EP Division;Geneva;;CH 1211;Switzerland
NOTE:On leave at CERN\,EP Division\,Atlas experiment & LCG SealProject\nOffice: 40-3-D16
URL:www.slac.stanford.edu/~marino
X-AIM;type=pref:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
END:VCARD