I was upgrading everything on my two Macs over the weekend. My home
desktop is completely updated. The laptop is sometimes connected and
sometimes not; it is usually connected at my dayjob.. I just copied
over the /sw/src directory from my desktop to minimize the
downloading.

Libnet-pm was downloaded and installed fine, except the tests failed
because the laptop kept on pulling in a bunch of variables for testing
that don't make sense from its current location. Locations to test
ftp, nntp, etc. - that made sense from work before I took the machine
home for the weekend. If I was just installing the same stuff myself
with CPAN, instead of through fink, I could just change the
settings. How can I change the settings so fink stops worrying about
these tests? Is there a way I can just downloaded these perl modules
and put in a system-libnet-pm or some such???

--
Josh Kuperman