Hello,

I'm finally getting around to sorting out OS X  on my old G3, trying to
install a few packages through fink. Since I don't have a lot of space on
the G3 I set it up to search the /sw/src directory on my G4 for downloaded
source. This works nicely, saves some space for me and bandwidth for
everyone.

But the G3 still takes an age to compile anything. I'm thinking of mounting
the G4's /sw/fink/deb in place of the one on the G3. Is this a feasible way
to share pre-built packages between machines? Anything else I'd need to do?

Will the G3 simply look into /sw/fink/deb and see that a package exists or
is the fact that a package has been built stored somewhere?

thanks

Adrian