Le jeudi, 27 mars 2003, à 14:24, Len Laughridge a écrit :

I've searched the mailing list archives for all of the KDE & dcop related threads. I've tried setting PATH, etc. manually, and by sourcing init.sh from within .xinitrc. I've tried with and without authentication required in X11.app preferences. I've tried specifying 'xhost +', but all to no avail. dcopserver will not start, which is a showstopper for running anything KDE.

This is what happens:

bash-2.05a$ dcopserver
iceauth: /tmp/dcopcW9gC1:1: bad "add" command line
iceauth: /tmp/dcopcW9gC1:2: bad "add" command line
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
ICE Connection rejected!

DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
ICE Connection rejected!

DCOPServer self-test failed.
bash-2.05a$

I had almost exactly these same errors caused by an incompletely set environment. Apple's X11 does not import the user's current environment, this must be set up in the new shell by your ~/.xinitrc file, or something else which executes when xinit does I guess.

The only respect in which the errors which you are experiencing differ from mine are the two bad "add" lines. Though these may be significant, an error in one of your *rc files perhaps, I would advise you to check your .xinitrc, if it doesn't include at least fink's setup, i.e. :

source <fink_directory_tree_root>/bin/init.csh ;

then from my experiences, I would expect it not to work.

Good luck,

Daniel