>This is exactly where xmms crashes. Most of the popup menues in
>xmms's prefs don't pop up, and when I click "OK", xmms is gone. Both
>with XDarwin and Apple's X11.

well then, if you start if from a terminal, is there any error message? crash
dialog? please provide some more details. version of xmms installed (is it the
latest, did you fink selfupdate recently, using unstable, version of packages
xmms depends on, crash log in ${HOME}/Library/Logs/CrashReporter etc.).

in general, first thing to do should be a fink selfupdate-cvs to get the latest
packages, fink update-all (or update anly the packages you want).

mathias