[ Sorry, I accidentally deleted your email, glad you reposted. ]

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 10:20:53PM +0200, Robert W. Kuhn wrote:

> [Administrators-Computer:~] admin% fetchmail -v
> fetchmail: 6.1.0 fragt ab pop3.arcor-online.net (Protokoll POP3) um Fri
> Jul  4 07:47:46 2003: Abfrage gestartet
> fetchmail: fetchmail: getaddrinfo(pop3.arcor-online.net.pop3)
> fetchmail: 6.1.0 fragt ab pop3.arcor-online.net (Protokoll POP3) um Fri
> Jul  4 07:47:46 2003: Abfrage beendet
> fetchmail: Abfragestatus=2 (SOCKET)
> fetchmail: normaler Beendigung, Status 2

I think there is a problem with you connection, since I tried it from
here, and it worked fine.  Are you behind some sort of firewall, or are
you using "Internet Connection Sharing"?

Have you tried it again?  If not the problem may have cleared itself up
since then.  If not, I have a tiny patch that will print the actual
error that getaddrinfo is giving (BTW, after looking at the source, it
is just concatenating the host/port in the print, so that's not causing
the error.)

--
GPG public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9D5B8762