On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 01:32:33AM +0200, Eric Jacoboni wrote:

> Actually, here are the relevant lines in my syslog.conf. With this
> config, my system.log doesn't receive news logs anymore, but news.log
> stays empty...
>
> *.notice;*.info;authpriv,remoteauth,ftp.none;kern.debug;mail.crit;news.none
> /var/log/system.log
>
> news.*                                                        /var/log/news.log

Kooky.  I installed leafnode and it is logging to /var/log/news.log just
fine.  I'd try HUPing syslogd again or rebooting...

Just for kicks, here is my syslog.conf
---

*.err;kern.*;auth.notice;authpriv,remoteauth.none;mail.crit             /dev/console
*.notice;*.info;authpriv,remoteauth,ftp.none;kern.debug;mail.crit;news.none
/var/log/system.log

# Send messages normally sent to the console also to the serial port.
# To stop messages from being sent out the serial port, comment out this line.
#*.err;kern.*;auth.notice;authpriv,remoteauth.none;mail.crit            /dev/tty.serial

# The authpriv log file should be restricted access; these
# messages shouldn't go to terminals or publically-readable
# files.
authpriv.*;remoteauth.crit                              /var/log/secure.log

lpr.info                                                /var/log/lpr.log
mail.*                                                  /var/log/mail.log
ftp.*                                                   /var/log/ftp.log
netinfo.err                                             /var/log/netinfo.log
news.*  /var/log/news.log

*.emerg                                                 *

--
GPG public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9D5B8762