On Wednesday, Jul 9, 2003, at 15:52 Europe/Brussels, Geoffrey A. Washburn wrote:

When attempting to build the swig package, I receive the following linker error. I'm using the latest unstable fink on 10.2.6 with the December developer tools. Any ideas?

I've had this since all times _ here follows a excerpt from a msg of last
october to the maintainer, with an appropriate patch you can use.
(He didn't have other reports of this at that time _ and I didn't look at it
any further since)
Are you on UFS by any chance ?

> This is a problem I've had since 10.0 [and persisting despite even a
> clean reinstall of the system (after reformatting..) long ago] _ but I then
> attributed it to the inode problem specific to UFS, so I just kept the correction
> private. Now this inode problem is clearly gone _ and this persists.
>
> It is as if ranlib didn't lock the file it is writing, so the subsequent
> cp -p command starts before ranlib is finished..
>
> I don't know if you had other reports of such a problem _ in that case,
> just replacing that 'cp -p' by a 'mv' fixes it (the copy in DOH/Doh is no
> longer used in the sequel, and since a mv keeps the file in place, ranlib
> has plenty of time now to finish its job).
>
> Thus, this amounts to replace the 'Patch' line in the info file by the following:
PatchScript: <<
patch -p1 <%a/%f.patch
sed -i 's|cp -f|mv|g' Source/DOH/Doh/Makefile.in
<<

> OTOH, if you have no other reports of such a problem, I'll have to investigate
> this illness on my machine further (and have then of course no problem in
> maintaining this here as a local modification).

JF Mertens