On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 06:31 PM, Ralf Höling wrote:

Hi!
Am Montag, 21.07.03 um 00:18 Uhr schrieb Ralf Höling:

What version of pango1 do you have ("fink list -i pango1')

Sorry, I can't tell at the moment, because I uninstalled all of pango and freetype and now reinstall everything from binaries. Afterwards I will try to recompile the necessary pango and freetype stuff with XftFreetype.h disabled. perhaps it works !?
I will tell you the result.

Oh shit! When I try to rebuild pango1-Xft I get the following result:

patching file update-pango-modules
/var/tmp/tmp.1.Rsfufy

  You have Xft2 installed. This usually means you have XFree86
  (>= 4.3) installed. pango1(-shlibs|-dev) cannot be built with
  Xft2. You should use pango1-xft2 package instead.

### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.1.Rsfufy failed, exit code 1
Failed: compiling pango1-xft1-1.0.5-2 failed

Konsole:
XFree86 Version 4.2.1 / X Window System
Release Date: 3 September 2002

But I admit, I tried to install the new wwdc- release of Apples X11. Maybe this is the problem? Sorry that I didn't tell you before, I just forgot.

Ralf

That would probably do it: that's based on XFree86-4.3, which uses Xft2. This is definitely the problem.

Alexander K. Hansen Levitated Dipole Experiment http://www.psfc.mit.edu/LDX