Hi all,

I can't seem to import standard-format (JPEG, TIFF) photos into my Fink-installed GIMP, and their Web site and help files do not cover the problem. I've tried converting iPhoto pictures (JPG) into other formats with Graphic Converter, but GIMP always gives me an "Unknown file type" error. I've also changed some file permissions with chmod, but still no joy. This is on an iMac, OSX 10.2.6, standard current Fink installation (updated weekly) and Apple X11 beta 3.

It performs this way whether I have root permissions or not. What am I doing wrong?

-- Tom