Hello,

first of all, my delete key is not working (rxvt 2.7.8, OSX 10.3).  It
was working just fine with my old set-up, which consists entirely of the
line

        rxvt*deletekey:^d

in my .Xdefaults.

Second of all, I managed to get it working for a moment (at least over
SSH), but it has since stopped working.  I can't remember what I did to
fix it. The key is sending the correct escape sequence to emacs, namely
^[[3 -- so I can rebind it in Emacs.

I found this nice binding on the web:

 (global-set-key [delete]
                (lambda () (interactive)
                  (if mark-active
                      (kill-region (point) (mark))
                    (delete-char 1))))

Third, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me figure
out how to get it working as a delete key outside of Emacs!

As a side note, for one reason or another BackSpace is currently coming
across as ^H instead of ^?, which is annoying.  I fixed this
with

     rxvt*keysym.0xff08:\177

in my .Xdefaults.

Joe