Thanks for the reply on this ordeal Jerry, i tried the pkg you suggested, but no dice for me i'm afraid. However, there does seem to be some hope on the horizon that a version of unace for OS X is going to happen.

All the best,
Gary (who's about to boot into OS 9 to try another old version of Mac Unace.)