Hi Alex,

apt knows only about binary packages and unstable packages do not exist as binaries. See http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php#bindist

Cheers,
                Remi

On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 08:28 AM, Alex Walker wrote:

Just wondering how the unstable stuff works. I know you uncomment a bit in /etc/fink.conf to enable it in fink, but can you get apt to recognise the unstable tree too? Or can you only compile stuff for unstable and not get binaries? When I try and point the sources.list at the unstable tree, it complains it can't find the listings, and when I look there, there's just one directory called finkinfo rather than anything apt wants.

Could someone explain it to me? I have searched around and found nowt.

Cheers,

Alex

I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on my disk somewhere.

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of California, Irvine       URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
c/o SLAC                             voice:        ++1 (650) 926-3595
2575 Sand Hill Road #35                fax:        ++1 (650) 926-3882
Menlo Park, CA 94025, US              home:        ++1 (650) 233-9041