April Gendill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm developing an application that interacts with Fink lightly. What I
> need, if humanly possible is a list of potential errors fink can give.
> I have catches for when you have to choose an option and "No packages
> to install" but Potential compilation errors, database or install
> errors when the instalation of fink itself is incorrect, if any of you
> could contribute cut and pastes of errors you might have gotten, it
> would be helpful.
> Oh, and BTW is fink localized?

Fink is written in perl; you can find the perl scripts in the directory
/sw/lib/perl5/Fink.  (They are launched by another perl script /sw/bin/fink.)

Searching on "error" and "die" should locate the places in the code where
fink generates an error message, and what those messages are.  Of course,
fink calls other programs such as dpkg, which may generate error messages
of their own.  And the number of possible errors messages during
compilation is very large, since they'll be generated by the Makefiles of
individual packages.

Sorry, fink is not localized.  We've talked about localizing it, but it
would take a major rewrite of the code and so far nobody has volunteered
to do that.

  -- Dave