Martin Costabel wrote:

On mercredi, oct 8, 2003, at 15:06 Europe/Paris, chuckr wrote:
[]

I'd be very interested in what config changes are needed.

Thanks.

Could you supply a link to those compilers? I'd take a look ...

Long URL:

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/ search.jsp?q=compiler&k=all&cat=&sb=p&go=y&sr=1&rs=&S_TACT=&S_CMP=&s=&x= 10&y=13&pf=Mac+OS+X&dt=BETA

On a G4, I was somewhat disappointed and gave up after having spent quite some time to change the atlas and scilab packages so they would use IBM's Fortran compiler. The compilation was much slower than with gcc, and the test results showed basically no difference. Probably, in order to make the compilations go through, I had to do things that prevented any substantial optimization. I don't remember what it was I had to do, but there were even weird things like some source files (from scilab) with DOS line breaks that gave rise to strange error messages. Also, for atlas, the optimization done by the package seems to be so efficient that the compiler is not of much importance. On a G5, the story is probably quite different.

wonderful I got them, I'll goive you a usage report on the C compiler later on tonight.

Anyone, can I just define CC and maybe use this for fink? Is there anything out there in fink to allow for alternate compilers?