Dear Chuck et al:

Although I was able to compile with the IBM fortran compiler on my G4, I immediately ran into runtime errors. In my case the program was CNS (crystalllography and NMR system). A colleague had compiled this and the NMR parts indeed to run much faster. However, for the crystallography programs, suddenly my space group operators no longer formed a symmetry group. I decreased the optimization levels to 0 but the problem did not go away. I've compiled this program with GCC/g77 v. 3.1 and MIPS compilers and others have used probably a half dozen fortran compilers on various unix flavors without this sort of problem. I'm not an expert, but it seems like there might be major but subtle problems with the IBM fortran compiler even if you do get it to compile your code.

FWIW these are the optimization flags that were used for the initial compile:

-O5 -qarch=ppcv -qtune=auto -qalign=4k -w -qfixed=132

HTH,

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program. SourceForge.net hosts over 70,000 Open Source Projects. See the people who have HELPED US provide better services: Click here: http://sourceforge.net/supporters.php _______________________________________________ Fink-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users