Hello everyone,
Brian Lenihan emailed me that he had the same problem and solved it by running a fink rebuild python23. I had thought of this, but I had not yet tried it. I did the rebuild, and now I no longer have the continuous updating problem of python23-shlibs. So, for Claus and anyone else with this update problem, just rebuild python23 package and see what happens. Remember to do a fink index afterwards though or you will continue to have the update problem with python23-shlibs.

Gary Olson

On November 16th Brian Lenihan wrote:

I too was annoyed by this. I looked at the Fink perl scripts and couldn't find anything that accounted for this. So then I did a fink rebuild python23 and the problem went away.