I rolled my own PgSQL 7.4 with SSL against fink's latest build:

./configure --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/ --enable-recode --with-CXX
--enable-odbc --with-perl --with-pam --with-rendevous --enable-syslog
--enable-unicode-conversion --enable-multibyte --with-openssl=/sw

It builds fine.

My problem is building the perl DBD::Pg module. It builds ok, but when I
'make test' I get missing symbol errors related to ssl:

DIED. FAILED tests 1-2
        Failed 2/2 tests, 0.00% okay
t/01constants.......dyld: /usr/bin/perl Undefined symbols:
/usr/local/src/DBD-Pg-1.22/blib/arch/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.bundle undefined
reference to _BIO_free expected to be defined in a dynamic image

I've gotten these errors before and solved them by adding '-lssl -lcrypto'
to the pgsql lib path:

POSTGRES_LIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lssl -lcrypto

But this time it's not working. Another way I got around the problem was to
build postgresql without ssl, build and install DBD::Pg, then build and
install postgresql with ssl. Then DBD::Pg worked ok.

This time it ain't happening. I'm wondering if DBD::Pg may be looking in the
wrong place for ssl libs? Looking in /usr/local/lib instead of /sw?

I'd appreciate any help with this. I'm about to just give up on SSL support
in postgres -- this issue is holding up the 10.3 upgrade to my production
server.

--
Randall Perry
sysTame