Hi Michèle,
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:26:19 +0100, Michèle Garoche wrote:
>> I am not that an expert in reading error messages but it looks like
>> something messed up with your freetype2 library.
> I think that was some days ago when I reinstalled the whole fink
> after clearing my disk.
> I don't remember exactly in which order I installed abiword, abs,
> sodipodi, siag, scribus, imagemagick, xfig, but at the beginning
> I have abs which worked fine, at the end no more. One of this
> package wanted to install freetype, though I have no use of it,
> since I use X11.

The experts may please correct me if I'm wrong but you may need the
freetype library even if you work with Apple's X11 in order to
fullfill the build depencies for packages depending on this library
and which cannot use the Version comming with Panther.

> My tetex installation seems uptodate:
> fink list tetex
> Information about 2381 packages read in 7 seconds.
>      bundle-tetex                                       [virtual package]
>      system-tetex                 20010808-12
> Placeholder package for manually installed teTeX
>  i   tetex                        2.0.2-34              Complete
> distribution of the TeX typesetting system
>  i   tetex-base                   2.0.2-34              Base
> programs for a teTeX installation
>      tetex-dev                    2.0.2-34              Developer
> files for a teTeX installation
>      tetex-macosx                                       [virtual package]
>      tetex-nox                    2.0.2-23              Base
> programs for teTeX, with X11 disabled
>  i   tetex-shlibs                 2.0.2-34              Shared
> libraries for a teTeX installation
>  i   tetex-texmf                  2.0.2-2               Main
> texmf tree for a teTeX installation
>      xdvi-system-tetex            22.78-1               Display
> dvi files under X11 (system-tetex version)

I think you misunderstood me in this point and I should have
written an e.g. O.K. Again what I meant was that you may try to
install a mozilla packge prior to 1.5.1 via apt-get and do a "fink
update mozilla" to get version 1.5.1 and see if it compiles this
time. That was my trick to get tetex working.

> Meanwhile I install libbonoboui, ... which where not installed.
> We'll see next if mozilla compiles.

We'll see.

Regards,
Eric Hoch