Hi Remi,
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:11:50 -0800, Remi Mommsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While updating gstreamer package, I hit the following error
> during the postinstall script:
>
> $ fink update-all
> /usr/bin/sudo /sw/bin/fink  update-all
> Password:
> Information about 2400 packages read in 1 seconds.
>
> WARNING: The package gstreamer Depends on atk1,
>          but atk1 only allows things to BuildDepend on it.
>
> The following 3 packages will be installed or updated:
>  gst-plugins gst-plugins-shlibs gstreamer
> The following additional package will be installed:
>  gstreamer-dev
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> dpkg -i

/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/gnome/gstreamer-dev_0.6.4-3_darwin-powerpc.deb

/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/gnome/gstreamer_0.6.4-3_darwin-powerpc.deb
> [...]

> $ gst-register --gst-mask=0
> trying to load global_registry
> error loading global_registry
> added path   /sw/lib/gstreamer-0.6 to user_registry
> rebuilding user_registry
> added plugin lavenc with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin wavparse with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin wavenc with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin vumeter with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin volume with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin volenv with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin videotestsrc with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin videoscale with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin videocrop with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gstvideo with 0 feature(s)
> added plugin vbidec with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin udp with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin gsttypes with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin synaesthesia with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin stereosplit with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin stereo2mono with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin stereo with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gststaticautoplugrender with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gststaticautoplug with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gstspider with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin speed with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin spectrum with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin snapshot with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin smpte with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin smooth with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin sinesrc with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin silence with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin rtjpeg with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin gstriff with 0 feature(s)
> added plugin gstputbits with 0 feature(s)
> added plugin passthrough with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gstoptwingoscheduler with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gstoptscheduler with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gstoptomegascheduler with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gstoptgthreadscheduler with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin oneton with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin mulaw with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin mp3parse with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin mpegaudio with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin mpeg2types with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin mpeg2subt with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin mpeg1types with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin mpeg1enc with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin mp3types with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin mp1videoparse with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin monoscope with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin mono2stereo with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin median with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin fameenc with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin level with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin lame with 1 feature(s)
> gst-register: can't map file: /sw/lib/ladspa/. ((os/kern) invalid argument)
> gst-register: can't map file: /sw/lib/ladspa/.. ((os/kern) invalid argument)
> added plugin jpeg with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin gstindexers with 2 feature(s)
> added plugin gstidct with 0 feature(s)
> added plugin goom with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gnomevfssrc with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gnomevfssink with 1 feature(s)
> added plugin gstgetbits with 0 feature(s)
> added plugin filter with 3 feature(s)
> dyld: gst-register Undefined symbols:
> _avcodec_init
>

> I played a bit around installing/removing libavcodec1-shlibs and

I had the same problem with gstreamer today but didn't try to
register via command line. I tried it today morning and now have
the same problem as you. I hope that it can be fixed.

My thread is called "Another problem with gstreamer" if you want to
take a look.

> Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

Sorry no idea.

Regards,
Eric Hoch