Lo, on Friday, January 16, Constantinos Antoniou did write:

> On 16 Ιαν 2004, at 12:05 μμ, Martin Costabel wrote:
>
> > On 16 janv. 2004, at 16:29, Constantinos Antoniou wrote:
> > []
> >> /usr/include/malloc.h:280: error: parse error before "u_short"
> >
> > You are not supposed to have /usr/include/malloc.h on Mac OS X. It was
> > not installed by the system installers. Move it out of the way.
> >

> Martin,
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> The /usr/include/malloc.h was a symlink to /usr/include/sys/malloc.h. I
> had created that, because I compiled something that was looking for it
> there.
>
> Since this apparently is not a good idea, is there any other option
> (besides changing the source of that other program to look for
> sys/malloc.h?)

The header malloc.h hasn't been part of the C standard for at least 5
years now; malloc and related functions are now prototyped in stdlib.h.
I'd bug the software's author/maintainer, and, as a stopgap, change all
    #include <malloc.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>

Richard