Hiya,

I wonder if it is wise to put the line
source /sw/bin/init.sh
into the file /etc/profile?

That way, Fink would be known by all users and the system.

Here an example: I want to install Moveable Type on my iBook, but the installation routine (running a perl cgi-bin) complains that it cannot find DBD::mysql, although it is installed via Fink.

I assume that this is the case, because Fink is not in the path of the user www(?), who is executing the webserver.

The other alternative would be to install the required modules manually, but then I have 2 versions of DBD::mysql, what I would like to avoid.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Stephan