* Gary K Olson on Wed, Mar 03, 2004:
> I had trouble with gnumeric and abiword which appears to have been due
> to the presence of freetype2 and applesystemfonts being installed when
> I compiled GNOME 2.4.  I removed these packages and rebuilt the pango1,
> pango1-xft2, libgnomeprint, and libgnomeprintui packages.  Now both
> load okay.  Gnumeric seems to be fine, but abiword only has the few
> .ttf fonts present in /Library/fonts and /System/Library/fonts most of
> which are non-latin fonts that are of no use to me.  The fonts in my
> ~/Library/fonts I don't think are X11 fonts.  Gnumeric lists most of
> the fonts in my ~/Library/fonts directory, but I don't think it can
> actually use these.  Could anyone give me some clarification here?
> What is supposed to be available in the way of fonts?  How can I get
> these fonts recognized? Thank you for any help.

Can't tell about gnumeric but mozilla seems to use some of the
fonts.

> I tried to installing applesystemfonts (in /sw/lib/X11/fonts/) after I
> was finished installing abiword, but I get the same illegal instruction
> message:
>
> [Gary-K-Olsons-Computer:~]:-bash:503$: /sw/bin/abiword: line 14: 27797
> Illegal instruction     /sw/lib/AbiSuite-2.0/AbiWord-2.0 $@

I reported something similar under 10.2-gcc3 unstable some time
ago, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. But I seemed to
be quite alone with the problem and Jeffrey Whitacker couldn't
reproduce it.

Note: My info file says that abiwords depends on applesystemfonts
but I get a warning that applesystemfonts only allows things to
build-depend on it.

Strangely I was able to install it since (perhaps because I
removed the .font-cache thing) but it still crashes when I try to
launch it.

Christian