Hi,

as of today I did update my Xfree86 4.3.99.901 to Xfree86 4.4.0
without any troubel at first sight but a second look shows me two
errors that only maybe due to false configuration.

First error see first mail.

Second error is that no matter what I do in .profile I get a german
desktop but no Clock and Date is shown as well as no german Umlaute
are shown. This worked in RC1 but not now.

I used this in my .profile to get a german desktop
# LANG=de_DE ; export LANG
# unset LC_ALL
export LANG=de_DE
export LC_ALL=de_DE

It is equal if I use the autcommanded version to get the german
desktop or the currently active one.

Mac is a Power Mac G4 Dual 1.42Ghz with Mac OS X 10.3.2 and fink
Package manager version: 0.19.1
Distribution version: 0.6.2.cvs, bundle-gnome 2.4.1-2 and
Xfree864.4.0-1 as of today morning.

Any idea how to get a german desktop enviroment and the Umlaute
back?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Eric Hoch