Hi,

This is off topic because as far as I know "web tools" such as gallery.sf.net are not packaged for Fink, nor are they common to be integrated into any environments' pkg mgmnt. I do imagine that some of you Apache savvy folks do have Gallery installed, or may still be able to assist me.

I do not encounter this problem @ localhost/gallery, only with localhost/~lloyd/gallery

I have installed Gallery 1.4.3-RC1 in ~/Sites , but regardless of what I set AllowOverride to, I cannot seem to get Gallery setup to pass the "Allow the Gallery .htaccess file to set application specific..." test. I imagine that there is something else I have to enable / disable to get:

        <Directory /Users/*/Sites>
                AllowOverride Options FileInfo
        </Directory>
to work. But what is it ? ;-)