On Apr 14, 2004, at 11:45 PM, Jonathan Levi, M.D. wrote:

At 5:22 PM +0200 4/12/04, Ralf Höling wrote:
Hi Jonathan!
Am 24.03.2004 um 19:13 schrieb Jonathan Levi, M.D.:

I have a number of DICOM medical files, which are in the form of multi-frame cine loops. I want to play them back on my Mac, but I don't know any Mac application that can read them.

You could try Osirix, it's free and for Mac OSX. <http://homepage.mac.com/rossetantoine/osirix/>

Thank you very much! It's working pretty well, although there are some problems -- I'll let the developer know.

Perhaps you, or another fink user, can help me with a related problem: Some of the CD's of DICOM files I've been given are in a "strange" disk format, the Joliet extension of the ISO 9660 format. I've located a freeware Macintosh application, Joliet File System for Mac OS, http://www.tempel.org/joliet/, but it's only for OS 9. Does anyone here know of software to enable the reading of this format under OS X, either Macintosh or FreeBSD?

Did you see this web page? http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2004041301593855

James