I updated to GNOME 2.6 successfully without any trouble. However, I noticed that I still cannot get Gnumeric or gedit and probably other gnome apps to print using CUPS. Of course, I can save any files generated with these programs and use lpr to print the file. Those apps such as ABIWORD and XEMACS and EMACS that actually send out lpr commands work fine from the print dialog box. Is everyone else still having printing problems with CUPS from GNOME? If I am the only one, how do I configure GNOME to use CUPS from the print dialog boxes?

One other observation. Applesystemfonts still interferes with abiword and gnumeric loading. Without applesystemfonts there is no problem. This is the same problem I had with GNOME 2.4.

One more question. I can print and postcript print from emacs. I can print from Xemacs, but pretty printing from Xemacs only prints the very bottom of a page (the shaded border at the bottom of the page). Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary K. Olson
Consulting Engineer