On Jul 6, 2004, at 12:36 AM, Ersatz Sophist wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just updated my gnome installation, and I was asked a question about whether I wanted to use my configuration settings or the package manager's (I think) config settings. The default was to keep my own, and that's the option I chose, but I would like to know if there are times when choosing the other option is wiser.

Thanks.

Payam
---
"Now I have no objection to incompetence, but I do object when incompetence is accompanied by boredom and self-righteousness." Paul Feyerabend

One reason that I could think of is if your configuration isn't working correctly and you'd like to start over with a fresh one.
--
Alexander Hansen
Fink Documentarian