Julien Salort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Sebastian Flothow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Try appending the port, e.g.:
>> ProxyHTTP: http://192.168.1.9:80
>> or whatever the port is for your proxy (likely values would be 80, 8080
>> and 3128).
>
> Right.
> It now works. Thanks for your help.
>
> However, curl doesn't prompt me for logging in the proxy.
> Maybe I'll try the wget method too...

You can pass username and password info in the proxy URL. I think this
is the syntax for the proxy:

  http://[EMAIL PROTECTED]@server:port

Last I knew (NB: my info is >1 year old), if the URL had username but
no password, curl would prompt for the pw if one was needed, but if
the URL had not even a username, it would not prompt for anything. I
don't know if fink's usage of curl (or wget or other mechanisms)
handles this interaction at all though.

dan

--
Daniel Macks