On Jul 26, 2004, at 7:34 PM, Joe Heafner wrote:

I'm using the latest version of Fink (distribution 0.7.0.cvs, package manager 0.20.5) under OS 10.3.4. I have only installed packages from source, not from binary and I don't use FinkCommander. I have selfupdate set to cvs. The problem I'm having is that some packages won't update to the latest versions in unstable. I have previously enabled the unstable tree. The web site shows fink 0.20.6-1 as the latest version in unstable, but doing "fink selfupdate-cvs" doesn't seem to install that version as evidenced by "fink list -i". I want the latest python23 packages. Running "fink list -i" shows version "1:2.3.3-23" but the web shite shows version 2.3.4-1 as the latest. It just won't install for me. When I run "fink update-all" I get "No packages to install." When I initially installed the python23 packages, I followed the instructions here:

http://www.uvm.edu/~kchu/?Page=VPython/ BuildingVPython.html&SM=miscsubmenu.html

and everything worked perfectly. I was subsequently able to update with no problems. Now, I'm having problems with certain packages. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Joe Heafner -- Astronomy/Physics Instructor (by some definitions)

Do you need to use CVS updating rather than via rsync? The anonymous CVS server has been known to fall behind.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documentarian