Hey -

Am hoping you can help out...
I was reading an article on using fink to install
The KDE GUI for X11, and although Fink seems to runs smoothly,(I
Used to use fink with the fink commander and a different GUI for
The X11 OSX terminal), and as did before All downloads and
Seems to install/update well on both my 15" PowerBook, and my
Desktop G4, (MD dual 1.25ghz), when the KDE environment launches
On both computers I am unable to close any windows or access anything
Else for that matter. It seems as if open windows are locked open.
I can get to the settings in the Kicker, but when I bring up the
Control center, and  try to click on the desktop heading, it opens
A window, (it opens the folder beneath the control center window
On the KDE desktop), and the tip of the day window is also open, I
Can't close that either. I can open an unlimited amount of windows,
But cant close any, or use anything within them, any window I click
on to close or move becomes inactive.
I cannot open any files either, (ones inside windows or on desktop).
I have reinstalled all on both machines, but the problem is still
The same on both no matter what. I generally use the apple pro mouse,
But I also have a 2 button mouse w/scroll wheel, and the result is
Still the same.
I also cannot get to a working X11 terminal once this occurs -
I have also tried not using the auto launch script and just launched
The KDE environment myself, (as I often need to have a working X11
Shell to connect to the server at work)...
I am not a seasoned UNIX user, but I am not completely clueless
Either - (in most cases anyway...).
Any Ideas ??? Any help you can offer would be great -
Thanks again for any help you can offer...

Peace,
rayven
NYC NY