I am almost done with my epic recompile of everything under
10.3.5, the latest Dev Tools and latest fink (see earlier
thread). I have been reinstalling things a few at a time to
avoid dependency problems, but one night I must have tried
an incompatible set, because it failed during the unison
link with:
+ gcc -o 'unison' -I'/sw/lib/ocaml' -L/sw/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib '/tmp/camlstart
up9a88a5.o' '/sw/lib/ocaml/std_exit.o' 'linkgtk.o' 'uigtk.o'
'pixmaps.o' 'main.o
' 'uitext.o' 'uicommon.o' 'strings.o' 'transport.o'
'recon.o' 'sortri.o' 'files.
o' 'update.o' 'globals.o' 'remote.o' 'xferhint.o'
'transfer.o' 'checksum.o' 'tre
e.o' 'common.o' 'uri.o' 'lock.o' 'os.o' 'fileinfo.o'
'props.o' 'fspath.o' 'path.
o' 'name.o' 'fileutil.o' 'uutil.o' 'pred.o' 'case.o'
'lwt/lwt_unix.o' 'lwt/lwt_u
til.o' 'lwt/lwt.o' 'lwt/pqueue.o' 'ubase/trace.o'
'ubase/prefs.o' 'ubase/uarg.o'
'ubase/rx.o' 'ubase/util.o' 'ubase/uprintf.o'
'ubase/safelist.o' '/sw/lib/ocaml
/str.a' '/sw/lib/ocaml/lablgtk/lablgtk.a'
'/sw/lib/ocaml/str.a' '/sw/lib/ocaml/u
nix.a' '/sw/lib/ocaml/stdlib.a' '-Llwt' '-Lubase'
'-L/sw/lib/ocaml/lablgtk' '-L
/sw/lib/ocaml' '-lstr' '-llablgtk' '-lgtk' '-lgdk'
'-lgmodule' '-lglib' '-lintl'
'-lXext' '-lX11' '-lm' '-lstr' '-lunix'
'/sw/lib/ocaml/libasmrun.a'
ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
/sw/lib/libgtk-1.2.0.
dylib is not prebound
ld: Undefined symbols:
_format_float
_format_int
Error during linking
make: *** [unison] Error 2
Anyone have any idea what I need to rebuild/remove to get
this to work? The unison deb I saved from my old fink
installed fine and works fine, so I'm not as desperate as I
would otherwise be, but it would be good to figure it out.
The only earlier errors/warnings I can see in the log (I
have it all if needed) were about illegal backslash escapes
in various files, and this:
make: Circular uicommon.cmx <- uicommon.cmx dependency dropped.
Unfortunately the original list of packages I was installing
ran off the top of my scroll buffer so I can't reproduce it,
but when I retry unison alone I get the same error.
many thanks for any suggestions,
-- Viv
("only" gnumeric left after this...wanna bet whether the 80
additional packages will all install in one go without a
hitch??)
------------------------------------------------
Dr Viv Kendon [EMAIL PROTECTED]
QOLS tel: 020 7594 7746
Blackett Laboratory Imperial College London
-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by Shop4tech.com-Lowest price on Blank Media
100pk Sonic DVD-R 4x for only $29 -100pk Sonic DVD+R for only $33
Save 50% off Retail on Ink & Toner - Free Shipping and Free Gift.
http://www.shop4tech.com/z/Inkjet_Cartridges/9_108_r285
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users