Andrea Riciputi wrote:

I've tried --root=%d and I've got the same result for my packages. But before changing all of them I'd prefer to know the opinion of someone more experienced in Python...

Well, I'm not experienced, but I know how to run 'grep' :-)
It seems there are already some packages that use --root=%d (two of mine, for example.)

OTOH Jeff, who *is* experienced, said it doesn't really matter. I think the worst thing that can happen is that execution slows down, because the precompiled scripts are not used.

--
Martin