On Sep 24, 2004, at 1:50 PM, Scott Garman wrote:

Another question for folks...

I have a G3 Powerbook that I'm upgrading to a G4 shortly, and I'm
wondering if I will need to recompile all my fink-installed apps to take
advantage of the G4 optimizations? And if so, whether gcc autodetects my
architecture or if I need to change a gcc flag/fink config variable
someplace to enable G4 optimizations.

Thanks again,

Scott

--
Scott Garman
sgarman at iname dot com

Fink explicitly is set up to use_no_ optimizations so that you get the same binary on a G3, G4, or G5. No rebuilding is needed.

--
Alexander Hansen
Fink Documentarian